FORGETTING DAD has completed it run of film festivals around the world, but is still being broadcast on television in selected countries (see below). It is also available for screenings at cinemas, universities, libraries, hospitals, churchs, living rooms, etc. in a town of your choice. You can also view some clips or book Rick as an inspirational speaker and/or teacher, and he’ll show you some more. Just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Screenings in June 2011:
California, USA: Father’s Day Film Tour + DVD launch. All screenings will be followed by a Q & A with director Rick Minnich and special guests from the film:
19 June (Father’s Day), Los Angeles – USC School of Cinematic Arts Summer Film Series, 5 p.m.
23 June, San Francisco – Red Vic Movie House, 7:15 + 9:35 p.m.
28 June, Pacific Palisades – Villa Aurora, 8 p.m.
30 June, South Pasadena – South Pasadena Public Library, 7 p.m.
More dates to follow!
Screenings in April 2011:
– Berlin, Germany: St. Gaudy Café, Meet the Director, 12 April, 20:00
Screenings in March 2011:
– Magdeburg, Germany: Kulturzentrum Moritzhof, 17-23 March
Screenings in February 2011:
– Berlin, Germany: Urania, 1-2 February, 17:00 and 20:00
– Berlin, Germany: Berlin International Film Festival, screening in the “German Cinema – Lola@Berlinale” section of the European Film Market. Screening on 11 February at 15:30 in CinemaxX 1 / Potsdamer Platz
Screenings in January 2011:
– Germany: Screening January 30th at the 35. literarische Woche Bremen. Rick will be in attendance at the screening at 20:30 at Kino 46 in Waller Heerstraße 46. It is the final event of the 35th Week of Literature in Bremen. This year’s theme is: “What’s Missing … What Remains …”
Screenings in December 2010:
– Germany: Screening on 18 December as part of the exhibit “Transatlantic Impulses – 15 Years Villa Aurora” at the Akademie der Künste am Hanseatenweg. The film program begins at 16:00. FORGETTING DAD will be shown at around 17:20. Rick will be in attendance. Click here for the complete film program. Admission: € 5 normal, € 3 discounted.
Screenings in November 2010:
– Germany: Filmmuseum Potsdam, 19 November:
Directors Rick Minnich and Matt Sweetwood have the honor of presenting two of their films as part of the SOURCES2 scriptwriting workshop taking place in Potsdam. It’s a rare opportunity to hear the two discuss in detail the making of FORGETTING DAD. The film will be shown in English with German subtitles (OmU) at 5 p.m. followed by their lecture in English at 6:30 p.m. This will be followed by an audience discussion and a reception in the foyer of the Filmmuseum. At 8 p.m. Rick and Matt’s first collaboration, the music documentary HOMEMADE HILLBILLY JAM (English with German subtitles), will be shown – a rare opportunity to see this evergreen on the big screen in the lovely Filmmuseum. Don’t miss it!
Screenings in October 2010:
– Germany: Screening in Würzburg on 27 October followed by a Q & A with Rick Minnich and Germany’s leading memory researcher Prof. Hans Markowitsch. Afterwards Prof. Markowitsch will give a workshop on memory and memory loss. More information and registration here.
Screenings in August 2010:
– Germany: Theatrical release continues. All cities and dates here.
Special events: 30 August, Berlin: Screening and Q & A with Rick Minnich at Kino Toni, Berlin-Weissensee. Part of the film series Kontakte from the Berliner Film- und Fernsehverband.
Screenings in June-July 2010:
– Germany: Theatrical release throughout the country beginning June 3rd. Preview screenings beginning May 25. For cities and dates, click here.
– Shanghai, China: Shanghai TV Festival – MIDA Documentary Competition (Director Rick Minnich will attend) Screenings: 09 Jun, 18:45, Broadband, 14 Jun, 13:30, Studio City
Screenings in April/May 2010:
– Berlin, Germany: Press screening of FORGETTING DAD at Filmkunst 66, 6 April, 15.30. Press contact: Miriam Pfüger at W-Film: email@example.com
– Potsdam, Germany: Der Filmverband Brandenburg e.V. präsentiert: Aktuelles Potsdamer Filmgespräch Nr. 171, Filmmuseum Potsdam, 25 May, 20:00 (Q & A with the film crew)
– Düsseldorf, Germany: Metropol, 19:30 (Q & A with director Rick Minnich)
Screenings in February/March 2010:
– Sedona, Arizona: Sedona International Film Festival, 21-28 February
– Auckland and Wellington, New Zealand:The Documentary Edge – New Zealand International Documentary Film Festival , Auckland 27 Feb.-14 March, Wellington 13-28 March. Download schedule
– Cleveland, Ohio: Cleveland International Film Festival, 18-28 March
– Hamburg, Germany: Press screening of FORGETTING DAD at Kino Abaton, 29 March, 15.00. Press contact: Miriam Pfüger at W-Film: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Munich, Germany: Press screening of FORGETTING DAD at Neues Gabriel Kino, 30 March, 11.00. Press contact: Miriam Pfüger at W-Film: email@example.com
Screenings in December 2009 (Rick will be present):
– GZ DOC Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival, 11 December 2009, 10 a.m.
Screenings in November 2009 (Rick will be present at all screenings):
– Denver, Colorado: Starz Denver International Film Festival, 14-15 November.
– St. Louis, Missouri: St. Louis International Film Festival, 16 November, 9 p.m.
– Stephens College, Columbia, Missouri, 17 November, 7 p.m, Charters Auditorium (Rick is a visiting artist at Stephens 17-18 November)
– Springfield, MO – Moxie Cinema, 21 November, 4:15 p.m.
Screenings / Award ceremonies in October 2009:
– Barcelona, Spain: Docúpolis 9 Festival Internacional Documental de Barcelona, 29 September – 4 October.
– Ourense, Spain: 14th Festival de Cine Internactional de Ourense, screening 13 + 14 October. (Rick will be present at all screenings)
– Hot Springs, Arkansas: Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival, 16-25 October.
– Indianapolis, Indiana: Heartland Film Festival, 15 – 24 October
– Wilhelmshaven, Germany: Awarding of the William Dieterle-Filmpreis (Special Prize) to Rick Minnich and Matt Sweetwood for “Forgetting Dad.” This prize is awarded only every three years so it’s a great honor! Award ceremony on 23 October during the V. Festspiele Ludwigshafen im Theater im Pfalzbau, 19.30. An excerpt of the film will be shown. The entire film will be shown the following Monday, 26 October.
– Berlin International Film Festival (Germany)
– Sedona International Film Festival (Arizona, USA)
– Documentary Edge (New Zealand)
– Cleveland International Film Festival (Ohio, USA)
– Shanghai TV Festival, Magnolia International Documentary Award (Shanghai, China)
– Dallas Video Fest (Texax, USA)
– Nonfiktionale (Bad Aibling, Germany)
– 32nd Göteborg International Film Festival (Scandinavian premiere)
– 30th Filmfestival Max Ophüls Preis (Saarbrücken – German premiere)
– True/False Film Fest (Columbia, Missouri, USA – sneak preview)
– Belfast Film Festival (UK & Ireland premiere)
– Full Frame Documentary Film Festival (N. American premiere)
– It’s All True International Documentary Film Festival, Brazil (S. American premiere)
– Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival (Canadian premiere)
– Doc Aviv (Tel Aviv, Israel)
– Planete Doc Review (Warsaw, Poland)
– Achtung Berlin – New Berlin Film Award PRIZE: HONORABLE MENTION
– Stranger Than Fiction Filmreihe (North-Rhine Westphalia, Germany)
– Doxa Documentary Film Festival (Vancouver, Canada)
– Biografilm (Bologna, Italy)
– Guth Gafa (Co. Donegal, Ireland)
– Stranger Than Fiction (Dublin, Ireland)
– Ippokrates Health Film Festival (Kos, Greece) PRIZE: AUDIENCE AWARD
– Sidewalk Moving Picture Festival (Birmingham, Alabama, USA)
– 14th International Film Festival Ourense (Ourense, Spain)
– IX. Festival Internacional Documental de Barcelona Docupolis (Barcelona, Spain)
– Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival (Hot Springs, Arkansas, USA)
– Heartland Film Festival (Indianapolis, Indiana, USA)
– St. Louis International Film Festival (St. Louis, Missouri, USA)
– Starz Denver International Film Festival (Denver, Colorado, USA)
– GZ DOC Guangzhou International Documentary Film Festival (Guangzhou, China) PRIZE: GRAND JURY PRIZE
– International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam IDFA – Joris Ivens Competition (world premiere) – PRIZE: SPECIAL JURY AWARD
– Germany: ZDF-Das kleine Fernsehspiel, Monday 24 October 0:20 Uhr, repeated on 30 October at 2:20 and 20:15 in zdf-kultur. Available for free viewing in the ZDF Mediathek (in Germany, Austria and Switzerland only) until late-January.
– Brazil: TV Cultura, 21 October 2010
– Canada: Knowledge TV, Vancouver (broadcast in British Columbia only): 19 January 2010, 21:00 and 20 January 2010, 0:00
– India: NDTV 24×7 (English-language station), 10 April 15:00, 11 April 13:00, 17 April 15:00, 18 April 13:00
– Israel: Noga Communications Channel 8, 30 March 21:05
– Sweden: SVT2 Swedish Television, Screening times: SVT2 Söndag 18 jul 2010 kl, 22.00, Kunskapskanalen Onsdag 21 jul 2010 kl, Kunskapskanalen Fredag 23 jul 2010 kl
– Belgium: Canvas (Belgian national television) 28 October 2009
– Finland: YLE FST5 (Finnish national television, broadcast in Finnish and Swedish) 3 August 2009, 21:50